The Ontario Tourism and Travel Small Business Support Grant is now available! This program will provide grants of $10,000 to $20,000 for eligible businesses. Businesses can use this support grant in whatever way makes the most sense for their business.
To be eligible for this grant, your business:
- Did not receive the Ontario Small Business Support Grant
- Operates a tourism or travel business in Ontario that:
- Opened before 2021, and
- Was still in operation on April 30, 2021.
- Had 99 or fewer employees on April 30, 2021.
- Has experienced a revenue decline of at least 20% if you began operating or acquired the business before July 2, 2019
- Businesses that began operating or were acquired on or after July 2, 2019, and before January 1, 2021, will receive the $10,000 minimum grant if they meet all the eligibility criteria.
- Businesses that began operating or were acquired in 2021 are not eligible for the grant.
Only businesses from the following list are eligible to apply for funding under this program:
- Amusement parks and waterparks
- Bed and breakfasts
- Cottages or cabins
- Hotels and motels
- Hunting and fishing camps
- Indoor attractions intended primarily for tourists (e.g., haunted houses, funhouses and mazes)
- Mobile food services
- Observation towers
- Operators of rides, games and other activities that are operated on a concession basis at waterparks, amusement parks, carnivals, fairs and festivals
- Outdoor adventure operations without accommodation
- Recreational and vacation camps (e.g., overnight summer camps)
- Recreational rental services (bicycle rental, boat rental, canoe/kayak rental, houseboat rental, moped rental, personal watercraft rental, pleasure boat rental, rowboat rental, sailboat rental, horse rental, snow ski equipment rental, surfboard rental and water ski rental)
- Travel agents and wholesalers registered with the Travel Industry Council of Ontario (TICO)
For businesses purchased before July 1st, 2019, you must prove a 20% revenue decline. Operators will need to select a 3-month block in 2019 and compare it to the same 3 month period in 2020 to show a 20% decline in revenue. If you’ve purchased the business after July 1st, 2019, but before January 1st, 2021 — you will receive $10,000. If you’ve purchased the business in 2021, you are not eligible for this grant.